AOBA established a new Emergency Preparedness Committee in 2013 which is working on several initiatives in conjunction with the Golden Triangle BID and regional homeland security officials. This Committee is chaired by Matt Smith, Director of Security, Monday Properties Services, LLC. If questions arise, please contact Marie L. Tibor at firstname.lastname@example.org or Peggy Jeffers at email@example.com.
Please review the following links to emergency preparedness resources:
- Lessons Learned from the Boston Marathon Bombings - a report for commercial real estate professionals
- Emergency Preparedness Resources - Greatest Hits - This list was compiled in May 2012 by AOBA with input from its Emergency Preparedness Task Force. While focused on DC, the majority of these sites provide helpful information that is not location-specific.
- Emergency Preparedness for Commercial Owner/Managers - In May of 2012, AOBA hosted a seminar for commercial property managers. Click here to review powerpoint presentations from two of our expert speakers at this program.
- Hurricane Preparedness - The BOMA Chapter in New York developed a checklist that members may find useful in preparing for a major storm.
- Emergency Preparedness for Multifamily Managers - In October of 2012, AOBA hosted an Emergency Preparedness Training Seminar for Multifamily Managers. This program was sponsored by Minkoff Company, Inc. Click here to review powerpoint presentations from our speakers at this educational program.