In 2013, AOBA established a new Emergency Preparedness Committee to work on several educational and preparedness initiatives. This Committee is chaired by Matt Smith, Director of Security, Monday Properties Services, LLC. If questions arise, please contact Marie L. Tibor at email@example.com or Peggy Jeffers at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please review the following links to emergency preparedness resources:
- Slides from May 30, 2013 Webinar- Joint AOBA/ASIS Program on Emergency Preparedness (for commercial property management professionals)
- Lessons Learned from the Boston Marathon Bombings - a report for commercial real estate professionals
- Emergency Preparedness Resources - Greatest Hits - This list was compiled in May 2012 by AOBA with input from its Emergency Preparedness Task Force. While focused on DC and including excellent sites such as http://hsema.dc.gov, the majority of these sites provide helpful information that is not location-specific.
- Emergency Preparedness for Commercial Owner/Managers - In May of 2012, AOBA hosted a seminar for commercial property managers. Click here to review powerpoint presentations from two of our expert speakers at this program.
- Hurricane Preparedness - The BOMA Chapter in New York developed a checklist that members may find useful in preparing for a major storm.
- Emergency Preparedness for Multifamily Managers - In October of 2012, AOBA hosted an Emergency Preparedness Training Seminar for Multifamily Managers. This program was sponsored by Minkoff Company, Inc. Click here to review powerpoint presentations from our speakers at this educational program.
- Lessons Learned: Report on Security Operations During Major Events - Designed for commercial office building managers, this Report outlines key success factors and lessons learned in preparing for a major city event.
- Shelter In Place Resources from Preparedness360, an excellent resource funded by the Department of Homeland Security. Download an overview of this program.