AOBA offers LEED GREEN ASSOCIATE Online Course
Along with BOMA affiliates across the nation, AOBA offers an online course that prepares professionals for their LEED Green Associate Certificate. This credential, established by the U.S. Green Building Council in 2009, confirms an individual's knowledge about the green building industry and commitment to sustainability.
- The online course – which had no prerequisites - is held each month and includes 4 two-hour sessions throughout the month, which are facilitated live by an instructor.
- Taught by a LEED accredited professional, this course has a 90% pass rate for the USGBC's LEED Green Associate exam!
- The courses are recorded so that if you miss a class, you can watch it later. Students may also review any recorded class to refresh their memory for up to 60 days after the final course.
- In addition to the course, all participants get access to 7 practice exams. Access to the practice exams lasts for 90 days.
- The registration fee for participants is $250, inclusive of all study materials. The only other cost to obtain the certification is a $200 exam fee. (The exam, administered through GBCI. is a 100-question, multiple-choice exam taken at your local "Prometric" computer lab.
The Green Associate is now designated a Tier 1 accreditation and must be completed prior to becoming a LEED Accredited Professional (LEED AP+).
ABOUT THE LEED GREEN ASSOCIATE ONLINE COURSE
This online course covers a variety of sustainability topics, green building best practices, and LEED fundamentals. The course topics are tailored to assist industry professionals in understanding the key concepts of LEED and the essentials to pass the Green Associate exam. Enrolled participants receive comprehensive training as it relates to the LEED Rating Systems, green building design concepts, and strategies. Instructors also provide an overview on recommended study methods, exam-taking skills, and practice questions for the LEED Green Associate professional exam.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND AND WHY?
The course targets a broad range of audiences so that anyone can understand the content, and go on to pass the GA exam. Property Managers, Building Engineers, Contractors, Vendors, Asset Managers, Contractors, Developers, Architects, Designers, Building Owners, Engineers, Energy Industry Professionals, Manufacturers, Suppliers, Legal Council, and Planners are all encouraged to attend.
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTORS
This course –which is being offered to BOMA chapters across the nation- is taught by professionals at the Sustainable Investment Group (SIG), based in Atlanta, GA. All of SIG's instructors are LEED AP's and have worked on LEED projects from inception to completion. SIG has prepared more than 8,000 students across the U.S. for the LEED professional credential exams. This course is taught by Charlie Cichetti, LEED AP, who is active with BOMA-Atlanta and a master trainer on LEED and related sustainability topics.