Certified Apartment Manager (CAM)
Each year, AOBA teams with the National Apartment Association (NAA) to offer the Certified Apartment Manager (CAM) program. For dates/details for 2013, please call AOBA at 202.296.3390.
- Submission of a Candidacy Application
- Full tuition payment inclusive of $70.00 fee to NAA and $75.00 Final Exam Fee
- Completion of the 54-hour program in two years, or payment of $50.00 for one-year extension
- Completion of the Apartment Community Analysis project
- Passing grade on Final Exam
- Two years of apartment management experience
- Pledge to abide by NAA Standards of Professionalism
Maintaining Your CAM Designation
Once designated, CAM annual dues are $45.00 and your designation can be renewed every two years by submitting proof of 10 annual Continuing Education Credits (CEC's).
CAMnesty is Here!
In August of 2013, NAAEI launched CAMnesty, a program designed for individuals who completed all CAM requirements except the community analysis or the exam. Through March 2014, these individuals can pay a fee, complete the new Research, Analysis and Evaluation module of the newly revised CAM course and take the new two-part exam to complete their professional designation.
- If a CAM candidate is less than two years expired, the fee is $250. If more than two years have passed, then the fee is $350. The fees include the CAM extension fee, the online Research, Analysis and Evaluation module, a Test-Prep Webinar, the new two-part CAM exam at a local testing center operated by Castle Worldwide and a CAM certificate and pin. See more information at www.naahq.org/CAMnesty