AOBA Advocacy: Protecting and Enhancing the Value of Members' Investment
AOBA's non-partisan government affairs activities in DC, Maryland and Virginia provide members with substantial savings in utilities, property taxes and other regulatory fees -- savings that enhance value to owners, tenants and residents. Take a look at AOBA's significant advocacy accomplishments across the region in 2013 and a summary of First Quarter 2014 Advocacy Highlights.
AOBA's advocacy efforts are focused on:
- guarding against burdensome tax increases and inappropriate regulations;
- seeking reasonable building regulations;
- advocating before public service commissions to keep energy costs down;
- promoting responsible housing regulation to preserve affordability; and
- reducing government costs and hassles.
Members will find helpful information on current bills and issues in this section. For specific questions and assistance, contact AOBA's Advocacy team:
General: Shaun Pharr, Senior Vice President - Government Affairs
District of Columbia: Nicola Whiteman, Vice President - Government Affairs, DC
Maryland: Ron Wineholt, Vice President - Government Affairs, MD
Virginia: Brian Gordon, Vice President - Government Affairs, VA