Rising Leaders Network
The Rising Leaders Network is geared to multifamily and commercial property managers with less than five to seven years of industry experience. Launched in 2011, this program has drawn nearly 100 AOBA-member property managers (both commercial and multifamily) who expressed a desire to enhance their professional development skills, build a network of peers, and become more engaged in AOBA.
The 2014 program will feature 3 afternoon sessions on April 2, April 17 and April 29. Each session will be led by expert Mary Abbajay, The Careerstone Group, and will run from 2:00pm to 5:00pm at the Capital Hilton (16th and K Streets, NW). Scroll down for details on each session!
Questions? Interested in registering for 2014 ? Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis. Contact Marie L. Tibor at email@example.com
Special thanks to our 2014 Rising Leaders Network Sponsors: Tracy Seymour, Allied Barton; Lynda Ellis, Capitol Concierge; Sasha Serpa, Quality Air Services; David Yampolsky, UIP General Contracting; Amber Corson, Valcourt; and Michael Vito, Vito Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning
Here’s an overview of our 2014 program, geared to commercial and multifamily property management professionals with less than 5 to 7 years in the industry. Each of the following 3 sessions will be taught by Mary Abbajay and Laura Buckley from the Careerstone Group. Cost per participant is $340 per person. This cost includes 3 sessions; each session includes a 30 minute networking reception.
Session 1: April 2 , 2014 – 2:00 to 5:00pm, Capital Hilton
Off-Line Skills: Networking and Navigating Today’s Workplace
An important element in achieving career success is being well connected. This means building a network of friends, colleagues and allies who can help you and your organization achieve success. Cultivating an expanding list of contacts will dramatically aid your professional success. This workshop provides you with the keys to successful networking.
- Enhance professional image
- Build positive and professional relationships within and outside your organization
- Understand the major Do’s and Don’ts of effective networking
- Develop and practice effective skills for engaging others
Session 2: April 17, 2014 – 2:00 to 5:00pm, Capital Hilton
Terrific Teamwork: Getting Great Results through Collaboration
Today’s workplace is a social system and working with others is imperative for individual and organizational success. Learn the essential skills and sensibilities for successful workplace collaboration--collaboration that makes working with others a positive and productive experience for both you and your organization.
- Learn the principles of great teams and team members
- Learn and practice essential skills and behaviors of effective team members
- Understand team roles and responsibilities
- Increase individual self-awareness of each participant’s preferred collaboration and teaming styles
- Develop flexibility in workplace communication and collaboration styles
Session 3: April 29, 2014 – 2:00 to 5:00pm, Capital Hilton
Expert Facilitation: Leading a Successful Meeting
Tired of wasting your time in meetings that don’t produce results? In today’s team-driven business environment, skilled facilitation is crucial to the delivery of outstanding group results and organizational success. This workshop will help you increase the effectiveness of your meetings through learning the basic techniques of skilled facilitation.
- Understand the role of the facilitator
- Learn and practice facilitation skills & tools
- Practice using a tool for process management and meeting preparation, and learn the do’s and don’ts of virtual meetings